Image Of The Invisible
Christ In Me - Week 5
January 31, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Put to death and get rid of the obvious things that are interfering in your relationship with God and with the most important people in your life.
- "The Blessing" by Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, & Elevation Worship
Available on "The Blessing Live-Single" from Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, & Elevation Worship
- “Peace Be Still” by The Belonging Co, Lauren Daigle
Available on "All The Earth (Live)" from The Belonging Co.
- “Death Was Arrested” by North Point Worship
Available on “ Death Was Arrested (feat. Seth Condrey) - Single” from North Point Worship
- When is it hard for you to trust that God’s commandments are given for your benefit?
- What typically comes to mind when you hear the phrase, “Wives, submit to your husbands”?
- How have you seen this command used wrong in your life or the life of someone else?
- Has your perception of this command changed based on the sermon? If so, how?
- Wives, when is it hard for you to submit to your husband?
- Husbands, are you more concerned with your wife’s submission to you or your sacrificial love for her? Explain.
- Husbands, when is it hard for you to love your wife?
- Read Colossians 3:21. In your opinion, why do you think this verse is aimed at fathers, specifically, instead of parents in general?
- Fathers, how often do you spend quality time with your children?
- What is the reasoning behind why you say “no” to the command(s) pertaining to you in this passage? Pride? Fear? Something else?
- How can you put yourself in a better position for the changing, forming grace of Jesus to get to work in you?