Christmas at Flatirons
Do You Hear What I Hear? - Week 1
December 5, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
The Christmas story is God’s redemption plan for humanity. Jesus came to earth as Immanuel (meaning God with us).
- Read Luke 1:28-29 and Matthew 1:20-21. Think for a moment about how this news might have landed on Mary and Joseph, as they each heard the message from the angel.
- When unexpected news comes your way, what is your first reaction?
- Do you call someone to share your story or are you more likely to keep it to yourself and think on it a while?
- Most of us don’t get an angel visit to preview what God has in store for our lives so how do you recognize a message from God?
- How might you improve your chances of hearing and understanding God’s message?
- Pastor Jim emphasized Luke 1:37 where the angel said “For no word from God will ever fail.” Some bible versions read, “For with God, nothing shall be impossible.” Share what these words mean to you on your journey of faith and obedience with God today.