Humility or Humiliation? - Week 2
February 27, 2022 | By Ben Foote
God desires us to humble ourselves before Him because He knows the alternative to humility is humiliation.
- "Holy Water" by We the Kingdom
Available on Holy Water from Sparrow Records and Capitol CMG Inc.
- "Do It Again" by Elevation Worship
Available on "There Is a Cloud" from Elevation Church
- "Pray” by Sam Smith
Available on “The Thrill Of It All” from Capitol Record UK and Universal Music
- "Down To The River To Pray" by Traditional
- "Peace Be Still" by The Belonging Co, Lauren Daigle
Available on "All The Earth (Live)" from TBCO Music LLC
- As a group, read Matthew 16:24-25. What does this passage make you think?
- Jesus said that anyone who wants to follow Him must deny themselves, take up their cross, and follow HIm. The Greek word for ‘deny’ (aparneomai) means “to forget one's self, lose sight of one's self and one's own interests.”
- How would you describe what Jesus is calling His followers to do?
- Has there been a time when you were so desperate for God’s intervention, that you actively humbled yourself? If you're comfortable doing so, please share with the group.
- Ben stated that a part of humbling ourselves before God is to say, “Yes... you can even have THIS part of my life. This part that I’ve been keeping from you.”
- What might life look like if you made that decision?
- God calls us to humble ourselves, and hand to Him the parts of our lives that will otherwise lead to destruction. What does this tell us about God’s care and concern for us?