Kids - The Big Picture
Isaac and Rebekah - Week 2
July 4-5, 2020 |
This four-part series will teach kids that even when we can’t see the big picture of what God is doing, we can trust that he is good. The stories of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph prove that God knows what he is doing and causes everything to work together for the good of those who love him.
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love him," Romans 8:28
The Bible verse for this series is so wonderful and encouraging! So here's a fun and easy way to memorize this verse: Print off the following WordCraft and color in all the words and images as you repeat the verse. After you're done drawing, I bet you'll be able to recite this verse without a problem!
- Does anybody have this month’s Bible verse memorized? (Take responses. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love him,” Romans 8:28.)
This reminds us that God is always with us and will help us no matter what we are going through. Let’s start designing our WordCraft while we continue talking. (Pass out the supplies and facilitate the discussion as they design their WordCraft. Here are some prompts.)
- What was your favorite part of the story? (Discuss.)
- How was God’s promise to Abraham kept through Isaac getting married? (Because God promised to bless Abraham's family and Isaac was his son so Isaac’s family would be blessed as well.)
- Who did God send years later through Abraham’s family? (Jesus.)
- How can we trust God even when we don’t understand how or what his plan is? (Discuss.)