Kids - Who's That?
Jesus Clears the Temple - Week 1
January 2-3, 2021 |
How do you figure out who someone is? You look at what they do! This four-week series explores people’s first-hand experiences with Jesus as he makes things right, forgives, and heals. Their stories show kids that Jesus really is the Messiah – our Savior – and that by believing in him we can have a whole new life.
Friend around the world: Sozo International- https://www.sozointernational.org/
email your questions, story activities, photos and videos Brenna and Dillon:
- Jesus didn’t like what was happening in the temple. What made him angry? (Money exchangers/salesmen were ripping people off.)
- What did Jesus do to fix the problem? (He made a whip and chased the money exchangers/salesmen and their animals out.)
- When Jesus cleared out the temple, he called the temple somebody’s house. Whose house was it, and why did that show who Jesus was? (The temple was his father’s house. It showed he was God’s son, our Savior.)
- Why do you think it was ok for Jesus to be angry? (Take responses. Jesus was angry about the right thing. He knew God was more interested in friendship with people than what they could afford to sacrifice. People making money off ripping people off – especially in his father’s house – was not ok.)
- When was a time you were angry about the right thing? (Discuss.)