Kids - Choose Your Own Christmas
Mary and Joseph's Choice - Week 2
December 12-13, 2020 |
In this three-part series, kids will see the beautiful story of the very first Christmas. Through the lives of a fun, quirky family, and a few Bible stories, kids will learn that we get to choose how to respond to whatever adventures come up in life. We can choose to follow God who loves us more than we ever know or choose to do things our own way.
Friend around the world: Flatirons Christmas Giving!
email your questions, story activities, photos and videos Brenna and Dillon:
To celebrate the season, let's make a Christmas tree! Gather your friends and family and find all the decorations for a Christmas tree. But instead of decorating a tree, you and your group can safely decorate each other. Wrap each other in ribbon, hold your favorite ornaments, and get creative!
- What would you do if God’s angel appeared in front of you and told you big news? (Take responses.)
- What was the news that the angel gave Mary? (You will have a baby boy named Jesus. He will reign as king forever and save the world.)
- What was the news that the angel gave Joseph? (Do not be afraid to marry Mary. You will raise the Son of God and he will save the world.)
- How did Jesus save the world? (Discuss. He took the punishment for our sins and reconnected us to God.)
- How can you choose to celebrate the good news of Christmas today? (Take responses.)