Hidden Person, Hidden Heart
What's your story? - Week 3
October 23, 2022 | By Jim Burgen
Why are you a Christian? What's your story? Listen to this message to help you figure out what the answers to those questions could be.
Already Won By Flatirons Worship
Whole Heart (Hold Me Now) By Hillsong UNITED Available on “As You Find Me (Live) – Single” from Hillsong Church
Make Room By Community Music Available on "Make Room (Live)" From Community Music
All Hail King Jesus By Bethel Music is Available on "Homecoming (Live)" from Bethel Music
// Community Question: What does it take to get a campfire:
- Burning hotter and hotter
If you don’t want it to go out, what things do you do or not do?
// Discussion Questions:
- Jim reviewed the past 2 week’s sermon and stated that as Christians, we might feel like we stick out. What is a way that you feel like that some days?
- Is it troublesome if we don’t stick out? Why or why not?
- We are called to honor and sanctify God and Jesus in our Hearts. What does that mean and how do we do that?
- Just like our campfire analogy above, what specific things should we do or not do to keep the fire for Jesus in our heart burning?
- 1 Peter 3: 15 states, “always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” If someone asked you why you were a Christian, what would you say? How does “do it with gentleness and respect” impact what we should say or how we should say it?
- The blind man in John 9, after being interrogated by the religious leaders of the time, had his concluding statement: this one thing I know – I once was blind but now I see. Simple but powerful. What would your “I once was blind but now I see” statement be?
I once was ___________, but now_________________ .