Bible - Week 6
October 10, 2021 | By Ben Foote
This weekend we look at the parable of the wise and foolish builders. Jesus said that one approach to life leads to destruction, and the other leads to a stormproof existence. How do we build our lives on a foundation that leads to a stormproof life?
- Titanium” by David Guetta feat. Sia
Available on Nothing but the Beat 2.0 from What A Music Ltd
- “Great Things” by Phil Wickam
Available on Living Hope from Phil Wickham
- “Jireh” by Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music feat. Chandler Moore & Naomi Raine
Available on Jubilee:Juneteenth Edition from Tribl Records
- “Highest Praise” by Phil Wickham feat. Matt Redman
Available on Singalong 4 from Phil Wickham
- “Death Was Arrested “ by North Point Worship feat. Seth Condrey
Available on Death Was Arrested (feat. Seth Condrey) from Centricity Music
- How’s it going with the 35 Day Challenge? Share some thing that was meaningful to you from the daily bible readings.
- Throughout Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, He teaches on all kinds of topics. Open your bible to Matthew chapters 5-7 and read some of the paragraph headings.
A. Do any of these seem relevant to modern day life?
B. Does Jesus teach anything that applies to your life now?
- For most of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus speaks in plain language. Why do you think Jesus chose to end His Sermon on the Mount with a parable?
- Read Matthew 7:24-28. Ben pointed out the difference between the two builders: the wise hears and practices / the foolish hears and does not practice. When you have ‘heard’ or read something Jesus has said, what helps you put it into practice?
- Read Hebrews 4:12. Can you think of any decision you have made or action you have taken because of something you read in the Bible?