Confident Humility - Week 5
March 14, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
This week we look at the relationship between Anointed Authority and Confident Humility. When anointed authority and confident humility are used together in our lives, we begin building better stories and step into who God created us to be.
- “I Thank God” by Maverick City Music, UPPERROOM
Available on “Move Your Heart” by Maverick City Music, UPPERROOM
- “Peace Be Still” by The Belonging Co, Lauren Daigle
Available on “Run To The Father” by Cody Carnes
- "Drivers License" by Olivia Rodrigo
Available on "Drivers License" by Geffen Records
- “Nothing Else” by Flatirons Music
- What areas or relationships in your life do you struggle with humility?
- Share what came to mind when Jim talked about living in confident humility. Did you resonate with it or did you struggle understanding how to walk in both confidence and humility? Why?
- As you’ve worked on your “compelling vision” statement during this series, are there any courageous actions that you are feeling called to take or have taken in order to align with that vision even though you might be unsure of His plan? Has it worked the way you hoped?
- Is there any area of your life where you continue to “power up” or “play the hero” rather than walking in confident humility? If so, is your end-goal simply to look powerful or good instead of relying on God?
- Read John 13:12-16. Jesus demonstrates what it looks like to serve from a place of confident humility and then calls us to do the same for the people in our sphere of influence. What areas in your life do you have the opportunity to humble yourself and serve others like Jesus did?