In Your Corner
Father's Day - Week 2
June 20, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Pray for God to show you a person to invest in and find a person in your life and be a Barnabas, an encourager.
- "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
Available on "Metallica" by Metallica
- “Glorious Day” by Passion
Available on “Worthy of Your Name (Live) by Passion
- “Peace Be Still” by The Belonging Co.
Available on “All The Earth (Live) by The Belonging Co.
- "Nothing Else” by Flatirons Music
- Knowing that Paul had a mentor, mentee and cohort relationships, do you think his ministry would have been as impactful without those relationships? Why?
- Read 1 Timothy 1:15-16 as a group. What is your takeaway from those verses and how do they apply to your life?
- Barnabas became Paul’s mentor, or sponsor. Through that, Paul was able to become a trusted voice in the church and spread the Gospel. How do you think your life might change if you had someone in your life encouraging you and standing in your corner?
- Do you feel you have something to offer to other people that could help them grow in their own lives? Share that with the group and brainstorm how you might want to mentor someone.
- Paul corrected Peter for hypocrisy in Galatians 2:11-14. How would you have felt if that happened to you in your group? Have you had that happen to you before? Share what God taught you through it.