Physical challenge - Week 2
September 12, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
What would it take to keep going spiritually when your physical body doesn’t want to cooperate? This side of heaven, our bodies are never going to want to do what we need them to do. So, we have to make a plan.
- "Stayin’ Alive" by N-Trance feat. Ricardo Da Force
Available on “Stain’ Alive” from N-Trance
- "House of the Lord" by Phil Wickham
Available on the "House of the Lord" from Phil Wickham
- "Who You Say I Am" by Hillsong Worship Available on “There is More” from Hillsong Church
- “You Alone" by Flatirons Music
- "Glorious Day" by Passion
Available on "Worthy of Your Name" from Passion
- The physical aspect of our lives sometimes seems resistant to change. Have you started a positive habit(s) in order to realize some larger goal (training for a sport, recovering from illness/ injury, losing weight)? Did you have any failures or restarts before it took hold
- ReadRomans7:18-24. Paul describes the kind of internal struggle nearly all of us have faced at one time or another. Can you relate? How is this struggle a part of any kind of change in our lives?
- Jim reminded us about the four quadrants heart (will power), soul (emotions), mind (thoughts), and strength (physical) not as independent silos but as inter-connected in our lives. What connection do you see between the spiritual and physical parts of your life
- When you read 1 Corinthians 6:19 how does it make you think differently about your body?
a. In God’s order of things the body is meant to serve the soul, mind and spirit. Think of some practical things the body does to submit or serve the soul, the mind and the spirit? (example: the body must be put to sleep to rest and refresh the mind)
b. Whataresomepossibleconsequenceswhenthebody/fleshdecidestotakeovertoget its own way?
c. God created our physical bodies to honor and glorify Him. As you are making your way through life in this physical body, what are some ways it glorifies God and serves others?