Our Next Guest
Rally Cry, Out Cry, Battle Cry
January 9, 2022 | By Steve Carter
This weekend guest speaker Steve Carter has us ask ourselves "Are We Running The Right Race?"
- “Real Love” by Hillsong Y&F
Available on “Youth Revival” from Hillsong Y&F
- “House of the Lord” by Phil Wickham
Available on the "House of the Lord" from Phil Wickham
- “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship
Available on “There Is More” by Hillsong Worship
- “Death Was Arrested” by North Point Worship
Available on “ Death Was Arrested (feat. Seth Condrey) - Single” from North Point Worship
- As a group, read Joshua 1:7-9. What do you find interesting? What questions does this passage raise?
- Joshua was told to be “strong and courageous.” He was also given another instruction in the passage. What was it, and why would it also be important?
- The first Hebrews who looked upon the Promised Land agreed that it was a bountiful land but were terrified to face the inhabitants (Numbers 13:27-28).
a. In your life, where have you seen the incredible promises of God but been intimidated by the obstacles you would need to overcome?
b. Share a time when you were “strong and courageous” and saw God’s promises realized in your life.
- It took roughly six centuries for the promise that God made to Abraham - that his descendants would inhabit the Promised Land - to come to fruition. What does this tell you about God’s nature and character?