Service - Week 5
October 3, 2021 | By Ben Foote
Even at the moment when Jesus was being crucified, He stood up under the weight and he continued to serve people around him.
- "Anything You Want" by Flatirons Music
- "Peace be Still" by The Belonging Co and Lauren Daigle
Available on "All The Earth (Live)" from TBCO Music LLC
- "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King
Available on The Very Best of Ben E. King from Atco Records
- "Living Hope" by Phil Wickham
Available on "Living Hope" from Phil Wickham
- In his talk, Ben said that sometimes we think of serving as a low position, or as weakness. Where do you think this idea comes from? What examples do you see of it in the world?
- Jesus said that He did not come to be served but to serve (Mark 10:45). What does this tell us about the God who sent Him?
- Look closely at Mark 9:41 to answer the following questions:
- What is the service in this verse?
- Who is it done by and who is it done for?
- Where and when does the service happen?
- What is the spirit or intention that motivates?
- What is the result for the one who serves?
- What characteristics separate an act of Christian service from ordinary work?
- We talk about attending a church service, we might even call it a worship service. How can serving be an act of worship towards God?