Man Down, Man Up
Sexuality - Week 3
November 14, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Paul teaches us that God intended and designed sex to be something much more. Sex is the imaging of two people becoming one new thing.
- “I Thank God" by Maverick City Music
Available on “Move Your Heart” from Maverick City Music
- "God Of Revival" by Bethel Music
Available on "Revivals In The Air” from Bethel Music
- "Apologize" by One Republic
Available on "Dreaming Out Loud" from Mosley Music/Interscope Records
- "Champion" by Bethel Music
Available on "Revival's In The Air (Live) From Bethel Music
- As a group, read Matthew 19:3-6. What is interesting to you in this passage?
- When Jesus said that a sexually intimate couple are ‘no longer two, but one flesh’, what did He mean?
- Jim proposed two conflicting views of sex: a. Sex is just a physical appetite that needs to be satisfied. b. Sex is just a physical act that is to be avoided or simply tolerated. Which one is the prevailing view in our culture, and what has been the impact?
- What are the benefits (spiritual, emotional, physical and societal) of aligning our sexual life with what Jesus defines as right and true?
- The Bible calls the Church the ‘Bride of Christ’ (Revelation 19:7). What does that tell you about how Jesus views His Church?