Truth Kicks Down Doors
March 27, 2022 | By Jim Burgen
How does God teach us that His truth really is true, that it is a better way, and that it leads to a better life? Join us as Pastor Jim Burgen unpacks what would happen if we let Jesus interrupt our lives.
“Heaven Invade” by Kari Jobe
Available on “Heaven Invade” from Capitol CMG
“I Thank God” by Maverick City Music
Available on "Move Your Heart" from Tribl Records
“Jireh” by Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music
Available on “Old Church Basement” from Elevation Worship Records
“Free Bird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Available on “Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd” from MCA Records Inc., UMG Records, Inc.
“Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship
Available on “There is More” from Hillsong Church
- As a group, read John 8:2-11. What seems interesting to you?
- How did Jesus respond to the woman’s predicament?
- Jim said, “Sometimes, the way that God delivers truth is that He allows (or causes) truth to kick the door in and we get caught in our untruth.”
Do you agree with this observation? Why or why not?
- God cares for us too much to be ok with us continuing to let sin damage our lives and relationships. Think about one area of your life where God has been quietly (or loudly) telling you, “Go and sin no more.”
What would the impact be on your life if you could do this? What would be the impact on those you love if you did this? If you are comfortable doing so, please share.
- In his meeting with the woman and her accusers, Jesus simultaneously upheld the importance of God’s holy law, and the importance of mercy. What does this tell you about God’s character?