Find a Dangerous Friend - Week 2
April 18, 2021 | By Ben Foote
Ben teaches about Wisdom. Wisdom is defined as “the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise.”
- “Already Won” by Flatirons Music
- “Tremble” by Mosaic MSC
Available on “Glory & Wonder” by Mosaic MSC
- “God of Revival” by Bethel Music
Available on “Revival’s In The Air” by Bethel Music
- "Repentance” by Gable Price & Friends
Available on “Fractioned Heart” by Gable Price & Friends
- This weekend, Ben said “A REAL friend is willing to wound you in the short-term (offend you or hurt your feelings by delivering hard truth). Who in your life do you trust to speak hard truth to you even if it will wound your ego in the short-term?
- Do you struggle to receive tough feedback or criticism? How does it make you feel, and why do you think you feel that way?
- What area(s) of your life is it most difficult for you to hear and accept hard truth in? (i.e. marriage/relationship, work, parenting, sexuality, finances, lifestyle choices, your physical health) Why do you think certain areas are more difficult than others?
- Read Provers 27:4-6 as a group. Do you identify more as the type of friend who speaks hard truth to those you love? Or are you more of a “yes man” and are afraid to offend someone and hurt their feelings?
- Read Proverbs 27:17. Being sharpened by another piece of iron means you must be in close proximity, in relationship with, and continually refining. What is a tangible way that you can be doing that more with someone you love, or allowing them to do this with you?