Just Breathe, Marriage - Week 2
August 22, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
God’s promise to us is that when we seek Him first, He will provide for all our daily needs.
- “Already Won" by Flatirons Music
- “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship
Available on “There Is More” by Hillsong Worship
- “Jireh” by Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music
Available on “Old Church Basement” by Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
Available on “Blue Hawaii” by Sony Music Entertainment
- "Breathe" by Maverick City Music
Available on “Jubilee: Juneteenth Edition” by Maverick City Music
- As a group, read Matthew 19:1-6. What do you notice? What questions does it raise for you?
- What are some advantages of being in a marriage that truly reflects God’s intention for this sacred union?
- Jim presented two root causes of a troubled marriage: pride and selfishness. Have you seen yourself acting in this way, and what was the impact on your marriage or other friendships?
- Jim stated: “Love is all about choosing sacrifice and servanthood - choosing to lay down my life, my rights, my priorities - in order to provide for, protect and serve my spouse for the rest of my life.” This is the kind of love that Christ exemplified.
How does aligning our lives with Christ's example help us love better in all of our relationships?
- If God’s intention for marriage was for spouses to provide for, protect and serve one another, what does that show us about God and His commitment to His people?