Just Breathe - Week 1
August 15, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
We look at Jesus’ instructions to "seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness" to remind us that intentionally and actively seeking God gives life to our spirits, just as air gives life to our bodies.
- Glorious Day by Passion
Available on "Worthy of Your Name"
- Highest Praise by Flatirons Music
- God of revival by Bethel Music
Available on “God of Revival”
- Breathe by Maverick City Music
Available on “Jubilee: Juneteenth Edition”
- As a group, read Matthew 6:31-34. How does Jesus compare the lifestyle of His followers, and those of other people?
- Jesus tells His hearers to seek (look for, require and even crave) the Kingdom of God, and God’s righteousness, before anything else in our lives.
a. What does it mean to seek the Kingdom of God?
b. What does it mean to seek God’s righteousness?
- In John 15:7, Jesus tells us to ‘remain in Him’, and to have His words ‘remain in you.’ What did He say would be the result? How is this possible?
- Jim talked about prayer as a dialogue rather than a monologue. If you don’t hear anything audibly back from God, how might you hear what He has to say to you?
- If God instructs us to remain in Him, what might that tell us about what God is like?