Man Down, Man Up
King Down, King Up - Week 2
November 7, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Kings go to war to fight for those that they love. Jesus, the king of kings went to war for you, so that you can reign with God over your kingdom once again. Are you ready to go to war with the king of kings to win back the broken parts of your life?
“Great Things” by Phil Wickham
Available on album “Living Hope” from Phil Wickham
"Anything You Want" by Flatirons Music
“Lean Back” by Capitol City Music
Available on “Kingdom Come (Live) from Capitol City Music
“Jireh” by Elevation Worship and Maverick City Music available on
Available on Jubilee: Jeneteenth Edition from Elevation Worship Records
“Devil Went Down To Georgia” by The Charlie Daniels Band
Available on “A Decade of Hits” from Sony Music Entertainment
"Who You Say I Am" by Hillsong Worship
Available on “There is More” from Capital Christian Music
- As a group, read Genesis 3:1-7. What stands out to you?
- When Satan wanted Eve to disobey God in Genesis 3, what did he say to her? What was he trying to get her to think about God?
- Jim stated, “Kings protect their borders and put themselves in between their kingdom and any enemy that wants to steal, kill and destroy their kingdoms.”
Can you think of a time when you did this for your family? Can you think of a time when you didn’t? Please share, if you are comfortable doing so.
- Who in your circle is waiting for you to provide what only you can provide? What is God telling you to do to make that happen?
- Jesus also went to war against Satan to protect those He loves. You can read part of His battle in Matthew 4:1-11 (sometimes called ‘The Temptation of Christ’).
How did Jesus’ response to Satan differ from Eve’s (from Genesis 3), and what does that teach us about how we should also fight?