Sacrifice - Week 3
September 19, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
What would happen if we chose life changing sacrifice? Join us as we challenge ourselves to point our limited time and resources in the direction of something that cultivates value that lasts beyond this life.
- “Smooth Criminal” by Alien Ant Farm
Available on “Anthology” from SKG Music LLC
- “Good Grace” by Hillsong UNITED
Available on “People (Live)” from Hillsong Music &Resource LLC
- “Faith Rising Up” by Flatirons Music
- “Living Hope” by Phil Wickham
Available on album “Living Hope” from Phil Wickham
- “Heart of Worship” by Phil Wickham ft. Matt Redman
Available on “Singalong 4 (Live)” from Phil Wickham
- Have you or any of your group members faced temptation, given in, or forgotten something,
and had to restart at Day 1?
- What is something you might tend to over indulge in(food, drink, entertainment, sports, work, hobbies)?
- Read Luke 12:13-14. What do you think of Jesus’ response to the disgruntled brother?
a. Haveyoueverseenorexperiencedthedamageofafamilyrelationshipafterasituation like this one? In verse 15 Jesus points out the real enemy that we must be on guard against – what is that enemy?
b. In the parable that follows, Jesus’ tells about the rich man who wanted to build bigger barns to store up his earthly wealth (vs 16-20). Jesus more or less says - hey man, all that stuff, you can’t take it with you. What changes in attitudes or actions might have made a difference in this man’s story?
- What things are competing for your attention, money and time?
- Take a look at Luke 6:38; what does Jesus have to say about the benefits of our giving?