35 Day Challenge - Week 1
September 5, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Do you want your life with God to get better? It's time to train your heart, soul, mind, and strength. The same grace that saved us, will give you the power to put in the effort towards becoming who God created you to be.
- "I Thank God" by Maverick City Mucic
Available on “Move Your Heart” by Maverick City Music
- "Anything You Want" by Flatirons Music
- “Resurrecting” by Elevation Worship
Available on "Here as in Heaven" from Elevation Worship
- “Good Grace” by Hillsong UNITED Available on “People (Live)” by Hillsong UNITED
- What are some habits or routines you are not now consciously aware of, such as making coffee in the morning, the route you take driving to work, getting children ready for school?
- Read Mark 12:29-31. What part of Jesus’ command stands out to you?
- What do you think about your life in terms of the four quadrants: heart, soul, mind, and strength or emotional, spiritual, mental and physical? Are they equal or do you tend to focus more on one area or another?
- Jim talked about these not as independent silos but as inter-connected in our health and wellbeing. How might one area affect the other areas? Share some examples:
a. Have you experienced a time when you were so physically tired that you found it difficult to think clearly?
b. Have overwhelming emotions such as grief over a significant loss ever affected your physical schedule for eating or sleeping.
- Do you find it easier to establish regular habits for one area or another? Why might habits for spiritual formation seem more elusive?
- Proverbs 4:23 talks about guarding the heart? How do spiritual disciplines protect, guide or guard our hearts?