Just Breathe - Week 3
August 29, 2021 | By Ben Foote
Join us as we unfold how biblical leadership and parenting require a willingness to allow God to form us first.
- “Great Things” by Phil Wickham
Available on “Great Things” by Phil Wickham
- "Anything You Want" by Flatirons Music
- “Run To The Father” by Cody Carnes
Available on “Run To The Father” by Cody Carnes
- The Blessing by Kari Jobe
Available on "The Blessing Live-Single" from Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes, & Elevation Worship
- As a group, read Deuteronomy 6:4-9. What do you notice? What questions does it raise for you?
- In our contemporary day to day lives, what does it look like to:
a. Have God’s commandments on our hearts?
b. Impress God’s commandments on our children?
c. Talk about them when we sit at home, walk along the road, lie down and get up?
- Ben shared two observations about formation:
Repetition without Time = Frustration Time without Repetition = Passivity
When have you seen either of these observations at work in your life?
- Our kids are formed by the way we talk, the way we act, and the state of our homes. Which one of these would you like to improve? How will you do that?
- The Bible describes God as the Perfect Parent, and us as children in His family (Romans 8:15-17).
What does this tell you about how He will work with us, and how He wants us to work with those around us?