Wise Partnerships - Week 3
April 25, 2021 | By Jim Burgen
Jim encourages us to seek after God’s plan in relationships before we encounter the storms of life.
- “I Thank God” by Maverick City Music, UPPERROOM
Available on “Move Your Heart” by Maverick City Music, UPPERROOM
- “Lean Back” by Capitol City Music
Available on “Kingdom Come (Live)” by Capitol City Music
- “Nothing Else” by Flatirons Music
- "Jireh” by Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music
Available on “Old Church Basement” by Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music
- In his talk, Jim used one of the most intimate types of relationships as an example of our relationships in a general. These are people who you share your most valuable aspects of life with. Who has been the most impactful person in your life? And why or in what way?
- Jim mentions discretion and discernment in relationships. Meaning that we are to be careful with our relationship choices. Share a time where you (without calling names) chose your relationships (Business, personal, etc.) without discretion or proper discernment. How has that choice impacted your life, present relationships and possible future relationships? Why?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25 What are some ways to “spur one another on toward love and good deeds”? Why do you think some of the people had stopped meeting?
- Read Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Why do you think the author used the example of falling? How do two people figure out how to work well together?
- What does “From now on” look like for you? What choices is God challenging you to make? (Let these questions be your guide in answering this: Does it agree with God? Does it agree with what is good? Does it warrant good for both you and your partner?)